DFB Cup Innovative marketing
In a trusted relationship spanning over 30 years, Infront’s innovative and tailored marketing approach has made a strong contribution to the success of the DFB and enhanced the DFB Cup marketing platform.
Enhancing the product to boost revenue and appeal
As the exclusive marketing partner to the DFB, Infront has played a key role in the DFB’s success as one of the best marketed Football Associations. Looking to strengthen the overall image of the DFB Cup, a cohesive strategy was developed to build a stronger identity for the competition that would increase overall appeal and create higher impact and returns for stakeholders and commercial partners.
Streamlining commercial opportunities
The number of advertisers was drastically reduced and a premium environment was created, with a unified design concept delivering strong branding in all stadia.
A centralised marketing structure was introduced for all 63 matches of the season. By limiting advertising partners and creating a clear structure, backed by quality services and support, sponsors now have greater scope for communication and activation.
The restructured sponsorship packages introduced product category exclusivity for the first time throughout the entire competition with exposure across state-of-the-art advertising systems.
In addition, Infront helps boost global broadcast coverage of the DFB properties in its capacity as the federation’s international media rights advisor.
- High exclusivity increased the value of sponsorship creating a 50% increase in revenue
- The DFB brand was strengthened registering a 12% climb in interest over a three year period
- Creative concepts for sponsorship activation deliver additional value to sponsors
- TV audiences were propelled from 728 to 1,156 million within three seasons – a 58.5% increase
- All four TOP partners for the 2009/10 season achieved measurable success in reaching their audience. Advertising contacts on free television channels increased to more than 21 million (up 6.6% on 2008/09)